Robert A. Jakobson
15629 73rd AVE SE
Snohomish, WA 98296
· 15+ yrs. Experience in Software Design, Development, Deployment and Management
· Program Management Experience with Microsoft, IBM, SUN Microsystems
· Software Development and Design UI / UX / UA experience for web, Desktop and Server (Back End) application platforms.
· Technical Skill in multiple development backgrounds together with soft skills from requirements gathering, analysis, scoping and resource identification/need and translation into finished products and services.
· Experienced with LEAN, Six Sigma, and Agile (Scrum, XP and Feature Driven) methodologies.
Program Manager – MSCIS
Drive and Manage Projects for Microsoft Supply Chain.
· Manage efforts and work with stakeholders (internal and external) on supply chain system opening the console and game market for Domestic China over multiple releases.
· Managed project planning, resources, and teams driving efforts internationally and coordinated with China partners.
· Consistently released on or ahead of schedule.
Program Manager – ECIT OEM
Assist with budget estimation planning FY2015 and Security Compliance efforts throughout OEM Engineering.
· Gather estimates and assumptions, provide ROM session planning updates for all facets of OEM Engineering.
· Work directly with ECIT Engineering teams to collect and derive business needs were presented for FY2015 budgeting process.
· Liaison to MS Internal teams with impact scope and report interaction levels with ECIT OEM Engineering core focus operations.
Business Analyst / SME
Gather, interpret and derive Business and Functional Requirements, manage and locate resource requirements and required assets. Design and manage core Software Requirements collecting and Functional Specs, UX from concept to wireframes, user stories, personas and documentation for projects enabling enterprise level customers to use third-party procurement and payment processing systems to connect and do business with AT&T. Internal and External UX requirements design and delivery with on shore and off shore delivery teams and stakeholders.
· Design and develop XSLT transformation tool system for multi-million dollar Corporate and Government to accept multiple eCommerce inputs as EDI, XML and cXML and provide appropriate outgoing eCommerce transactions.
· Provide SME knowledge and mentoring for the creation, testing and troubleshooting XML, EDI, cXML (Ariba) Commerce systems..
UX Development Design Evangelist – MSDN / Generation APP
Worked directly with Developers coding applications for Windows 8 Apps to provide guidance and make sure application quality for release of Windows 8 Apps to App Store. This included consulting on apps for non-Windows platforms interested in the Windows (aka Metro) UX/UI design that enable them to work in a cross platform format (Windows, Android, Apple).
· UX / UI intake and design analysis on over 150 apps presented to Windows 8 App Store from external vendors and customers to make sure apps presented to the store met quality and UX standards for impending Windows 8 release and guarantee that apps available to users followed design guidance.
Program Manager Windows Azure Fabric Team
Responsible for designing and creating reporting and analytics tools for Windows Azure Fabric Team. These included analysis of incoming errors and processes, TFS items and bug tracking systems to determine and create Automation rule structures to provide correct responses for operations teams.
· Created Data pump Application for retrieval and analysis of data from TFS into SQL Azure databases.
· Created dynamic SRSS Reporting templates to interact with SQL Azure data.
· Created and maintained SQL based queries used for reporting.
· Extensive work with TFS systems, Sql Server Reporting Services.
PROGRAM MANAGER, GLOBAL NETWORKING SERVICES
· Drive design, development and deployment for LTM, AMS, and Self-Service Tools.
· Management of internal and external evangelism and on-boarding properties.
· Responsible for expansion of adoption of GNS Self Service tools and technology throughout Microsoft.
· Created GNS team tools that were used for reporting connecting through SQL to WCF tools with Excel, Sharepoint systems.
· Designed the UX/UI for tools insuring they met with requirements.
PREMIER PRODUCT SUSTAINMENT MANAGER
· Review, architecture, design and direct management of over 75 Fortune 500 customers.
· Automation of B2B systems for new customers to integrate with AT&T.
· Design/Developer of B2B cXML validation, verification and testing tools and processes.
· Created internal tool for teams that let users from a single source verify, validate and debug issues from external clients and customers.
PROGRAM MANAGER, WINDOWS UNLIMITED POTENTIAL GROUP
Program Manager responsible for development and delivery of hardware drivers and applications on special version of Windows XP Professional for “Netbooks” and the (One Laptop Per Child) OLPC XO-1.
· Manage and Deliver Win32 driver development for hardware needs of the XO-1 and “Small Footprint Devices” a.k.a. “Netbooks”.
Drivers responsible for included Graphics, Audio, HID(Mouse, Keyboard, Touch), SD, Camera, BIOS.
· Make sure OS achieved or exceeded feature parity with native Linux interfaces.
· Project scheduling, driving milestones, overcoming extensive technological obstacles from M2 to M5, RTM and RTW of the project.
· XP OS developed was not only faster than its Linux based OS but more features and functionality.
o Keyboard features, Game Pad Features and UX.
o Graphics, Camera, Tablet mode UX features.
o Power and OS feature UX features.
· Designer of the Icons / Graphics on the UI for the Game Pad application.
· Designed the UX, UI for Help screens and dialog boxes for drivers and driver support.
· Provided technical help for and guidance on field beta tests and case studies.
· Assisted vendors directly toward WHQL Certifications and obtaining WHQL Errata for drivers.
· Localization Engineer for Project, localized drivers in French, German, and Portuguese.
· Provided Localization UX/UI guidance for geo-political and other cultural considerations on UX/UI.
PROGRAM MANAGER, WINDOWS INTERNATIONAL | LOCALIZATION TOOLS TEAM
Responsible for the UX/UI for features on the LocStudio upgrade used by almost all Microsoft for all tools, software and products. This tool enabled the editing of binaries coded into multiple languages and cultures. The ability to view, preview changes in real time, update translation memories live, images and UX of Operating Systems, Web, and Software. LocProject and LCXAdmin features focused on providing Project Management and administration of LCX modules.
CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT | SME PROJECTS
SME HETEROGENOUS SYSTEMS
ECOMMERCE SOLUTIONS, NATIONAL PRACTICE
SR. IT SPECIALIST / Application Architect
Web Transition and Database Consultant
Web Application Developer / Architect (Multiple National/Global Accounts for SDCs)
CIO / Web Application Developer / Designer / Architect
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Visual Studio 2003-2013
VB.NET, C#, C++, Silverlight, WPF,
MS SQL Server
MS Office Suite